Welcome to the Scott Paddock Sax School! This course is laser focused on getting the sound of the pentatonic scale in your ears and under your fingers. Using a step by step process, I break down everything you need to know to add this familiar sound to your arsenal of scales, licks, and patterns.
When you finish this course, you will:
- Know your major pentatonic scale in all 12 keys
- Know your minor pentatonic scale in all 12 keys
- Know tons of pentatonic licks & patterns
- Be able to alter licks & patterns to personalize them
- Understand how to use scale degrees to transpose licks & patterns
- Know how to create your own licks & patterns
- Be able to recognize the sound of the pentatonic scale
- Know how to incorporate the blues scale into the pentatonic scale
THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER COURSE. This course will teach you how to use the pentatonic scale to learn and create licks, but to be successful with this course, you need to already have a basic foundation of scales & technique.
Prerequisites for the Pentatonic Licks & Patterns Course:
- Have all of your major scales memorized.
- Be able to perform technique exercises comfortably at 100 bpm.
- Understand what scale degrees are.
This would be a great course to start after finishing the Intermediate: part 1 Pathway Course. You will be able to easily incorporate the licks & patterns you learn in this course into the improvisation set list you just learned in the Part 1 Pathway, and having the first set of Chop Shop exercises under your belt will make learning these licks and patterns much easier.